Have you ever made your own homemade tomato/pasta sauce? 🍅 Growing up, my mom always served our pasta with homemade tomato sauce and it was such a treat 😋 Today I decided to try my hand at making my own version, and it turned out WAY better than expected ❤️
1/2 diced medium yellow onion
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
1 cup @swansonbroths vegetable broth
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic salt
(base): @barilla rotini
1. Preheat medium sauce pan. Make sure to grease the pan
2. Add yellow onion, minced garlic and tomato to pan. Sauté until onions are fragrant (2-3 minutes)
3. Lower heat to low and add vegetable stock
4. Let simmer until tomato’s arrives soft (15-20 minutes)
5. Add to blender and BLEND!
6. Pour into storage container and store for up to a week!